James Ross to Serve as THA Board Chairman
Tuesday, November 19, 2019 10:58 am
NASHVILLE - James Ross, president and chief executive officer (CEO) at West Tennessee Healthcare, Jackson, recently was installed as chairman of the 2020 Board of Directors at the Tennessee Hospital Association's (THA) 81st Annual Meeting.
Paul Korth, CEO at Cookeville Regional Medical Center, will serve as chairman-elect and Wright Pinson, M.D., MBA, FACS, CEO at Vanderbilt Health System in Nashville, will serve as immediate past chairman.
Throughout Ross's 34-year career at West Tennessee Healthcare, he has held various positions, including emergency medical technician, surgical intensive care registered nurse, critical care unit director, executive director of physician services and chief operating officer.
He also serves on the Madison County Board of Health, and is a member of the American Nurses Association and American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE). In 2014, Governor Bill Haslam appointed Ross to the Tennessee Emergency Medical Services Board of Directors.
With over 30 years of experience in healthcare, Korth was named CEO at Cookeville Regional Medical Center in 2013. He previously served as the hospital's chief financial officer for 13 years. He is responsible for Cookeville Regional Health System, which includes the hospital, Cookeville Regional Medical Group and the CRMC Foundation.
A member of the THA Board of Directors for many years, Korth was appointed by Gov. Bill Haslam to serve a three-year term on the Tennessee Health Services and Development Agency (HSDA).
Other members of the 2020 Board of Directors include:
- Tim Adams, CEO, Ascension Saint Thomas, Nashville
- Rogers Anderson, board member, Williamson Medical Center, Franklin
- Elizabeth Appling, chief diversity officer, Erlanger Medical Center-Baroness Hospital, Chattanooga
- Stephanie Boynton, administrator, Erlanger Bledsoe Hospital, Pikeville
- Reginald Coopwood, M.D., president and CEO, Regional One Health, Memphis
- Randy Davis, president and CEO, NorthCrest Medical Center, Springfield
- Marvin Eichorn, chief administrative officer, Ballad Health, Johnson City
- Keith Goodwin, president and CEO, East Tennessee Children's Hospital, Knoxville
- Aaron Haynes, director of graduate medical education, UT Health Science Center, Memphis
- Christopher Holmes, president and CEO, FirstBank, Nashville
- Joseph Landsman, president and CEO, University of Tennessee Medical Center, Knoxville
- Jason Little, president and CEO, Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation, Memphis
- Wendy Long, M.D., president and CEO, THA, Nashville
- Scott Peterson, CEO, Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Franklin
- Janelle Reilly, market chief executive officer, CHI Memorial, Chattanooga
- Heather Rohan, division president, HCA/TriStar Health System, Nashville
- Phil Shannon, board member, Regional One Health, Memphisichael Ugwueke, president and CEO, Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, Memphis
- James VanderSteeg, president and CEO, Covenant Health, Knoxville
- Robert Wampler, president, Mountain Division, LifePoint Health, Inc., Brentwood
- Alan Watson, CEO, Maury Regional Healthcare System, Columbia
- Donald Webb, CEO, Williamson Medical Center, Franklin
- Mark Wilkinson, M.D., vice president of medical staff services and hospital-based programs, Ballad Health, Johnson City
- Jeffrey Woods, division president, Acadia Healthcare, Franklin